We are committed to providing programs that build character and instill life-enhancing values through the game of golf, and our curriculum has evolved to increase our impact, relevancy and scale. The curriculum is centered around First Tee’s Commitment to Being a Game Changer©. The Key Commitments are the life skills we want our participants to adopt and pursue – these are the keys to unlocking good character:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the Program
The First Tee Program curriculum is organized around four age groups:
- Age 7-10: Introduces and engages participants with both golf and life skills. Kids get active and play golf with their peers.
- Age 10-13: Supports the exploration of both character and golf skills in active and collaborative ways. Empowers participants to explore both golf skills and character commitments through opportunities for mastery and growth
- Age 13-18: Helps participants elaborate on their understanding and place a greater emphasis on their personal development
Ultimately, we are Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.